At Fraunhofer, we invent the future - as the largest research institution for application-oriented research in Europe. At Fraunhofer IOSB-INA in Lemgo, we turn the latest scientific findings into technical innovations and thus want to make our contribution to shaping the future. Our mission is: "Empowering our Partners for the Digital Age". Directly at the Innovation Campus Lemgo, your chance is waiting to become part of our renowned research institution.
Want to gain experience on a science team and learn how research and development in sensing, networking, and machine learning works?
Then you've come to the right place! We are looking for immediate reinforcement for our project team, which deals with the development of artificial intelligence for the control of traffic signals (KI4LSA), in order to get from A to B faster, to reduce noise for residents and to reduce air pollution from car traffic.
- You are enrolled and studying electrical engineering/technical computer science or a comparable field of study
- You have practical experience with programming languages, ideally with Python
- You are enthusiastic about detailed simulation of technical systems
- You model a traffic section of the Lemgo city center with the traffic simulation software SUMO
- Using existing measurement data, you model the traffic volume (vehicles, pedestrians, cyclists)
- You map existing traffic light controls as realistically as possible in SUMO
- You implement an interface in Python to read traffic data and control traffic lights for deep reinforcement learning algorithms
- Working at the interface between now and the future
- High degree of personal responsibility and the opportunity to contribute and implement your own ideas
- Contacts with partners from science and industry
Have we aroused your interest? Then send an email with your resume and current grades to:
Arthur Müller: email@example.com
For queries: Telephone +49 5261 94290-55