Fraunhofer IOSB-INA in Lemgo offers committed scientists exciting tasks with responsibility and a lot of creative freedom. On behalf of our customers from the various sectors of industry and government, we apply the latest findings from science and application to concrete projects in an interdisciplinary manner. We are one of the leading research institutions in the technology network "Intelligent Technical Systems Ostwestfalen Lippe it's OWL".
Our mission: "Empowering our Partners for the Digital Age".
What you bring
- In addition to a completed diploma/master degree in computer science or electrical engineering, we require knowledge in the areas of software development (programming languages such as C, C++, or Java and Internet technologies (e.g. TCP/IP, Websockets, OPC UA, MQTT).
- Ideally, you have already gained initial experience in the environment of open-source projects and IoT platforms.
- In addition, you have very good German and English language skills.
- If you are suitably qualified, we offer you the opportunity to do a doctorate and make the facilities and laboratories of our institute available to you for this purpose.
What you can expect
In exciting and varied projects with partners from industry and academia, you will work in an interdisciplinary team with a high degree of independence and take on independent tasks in the realization of use cases in the environment of our real laboratories SmartFactoryOWL and Lemgo Digital.
Your duties will include:
- Implementation of scientific research projects and technology transfer projects
- Design, development and testing of software solutions for IoT solutions based on e.g. 5G, LoRaWAN, Ethernet, OPC UA for Industry 4.0 and Smart Cities
- Cooperation with industry and other research institutions
- Project results represented to clients and through publications in the professional community
- Project acquisition and preparation of project proposals for new research projects in German and English language
Employment, remuneration and social benefits are based on the collective agreement for the public sector (TVöD). In addition, Fraunhofer may grant performance- and success-based variable compensation components. The position is initially limited to 2 years. The weekly working time is 39 hours. Severely disabled persons will be given preference in the event of equal suitability. We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender. The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft attaches great importance to professional equality irrespective of gender.
Fraunhofer is the largest organization for application-oriented research in Europe. Our research fields are geared to people's needs: Health, Safety, Communication, Mobility, Energy and Environment. We are creative, we shape technology, we design products, we improve processes, we open up new paths.
Questions about this position will be gladly answered: Frau Astrid Alteheld
Assistant to the Head of the Institute/Personnel Recruiting